I’m sharing a super simple 3ds Max / iray studio scene. Read on for more info and downloads.This setup shows how you can get pretty good results from a very basic (and fast) setup in iray. For this particular scene all I basically did was:
- create a custom HDR using HDRLightStudio.
- Assign that HDR as my scene environment.
- Add a skylight to the scene and disable it to quickly kill the default 3ds Max lights.
- Set iray as my production renderer.
- Set iray to unlimited render time & hit the render button (stop it when it’s noise free).
Of course I had to assign materials to the scene as we always have to do but as far as the actual scene configuration goes, this one is very simplistic! These GPU based applications really excel in scenarios like this.
Now, for the scene itself. I had to make some changes for the public version of the scene. I had to change the ground texture maps from some purchased texture maps to a map that ships with 3ds Max. I also had to substitute the vehicle for some stand-in geometry. Sorry, but on the upside you can download the viper model yourself HERE, or just add your own vehicle/object.
NOTE: You may also want to use this iray Manager script as I did to set the background to black, or whatever color you want.
Click the image below to view the full sized render.